Ochre is a leading music retail company. We work with record labels and other music companies, assisting with their ecommerce logistics and operations. We pride ourselves on being a creative company, focused on providing our customers and clients with the best possible service. Our team has grown significantly in the last few years and we are looking for an Assistant Warehouse Manager to join the team at our Milton Keynes warehouse. This key hire is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company.
In this newly created role you will lead a team of 15 Warehouse Operatives working across 5 workflows. You will be an important and integral part of our operation, contributing to the planning and organisation of work resulting in optimum team productivity and efficiency. This role involves working closely with the Warehouse Manager and deputising for them in their absence.
- Managing the warehouse team on a daily basis: planning, organising and managing their daily work
- Recruiting and training both agency and in-house staff as well as overseeing the development of employees’ skills and responsibilities
- Organising and controlling all necessary overtime work in agreement with the Warehouse Manager
- Working closely with clients and business partners to ensure smooth inbound and outbound processing for items
- Liaising with logistics partners and couriers to manage collections and deliveries
- Maintaining standards of health, safety and security in the work environment
- Taking a proactive role to ensure continuous improvements in operations and processes
You should have a number of years of warehouse experience as a team leader ideally within 3PL and/or Ecommerce. Your excellent interpersonal skills mean that you are adept at working with both senior management and operational staff allowing you to thrive within our friendly and dedicated team.
Your organisational skills mean you can independently prioritise and manage your own workload, and that of others. As well as these management skills you are adept at solving problems and improving processes.
Strong written and spoken communication skills are essential, alongside excellent IT skills including warehouse management systems, Google Tools and Microsoft Office.
How do I apply?
Please submit your CV and a cover letter demonstrating why you would be a great in this role and a valuable addition to our team to Jo, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The salary offered is competitive and dependent on experience
- This is a full time, permanent role
- The core working hours are from 08:30 - 16:30, Monday – Friday
- You will be entitled to an annual holiday allowance of 25 days, and additionally all UK bank holidays
- Applications for this role close at 5pm on Sunday, 27th June
Thanks for applying! And don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away as we take the time to review all applications.
We recognise the importance of diversity within our teams and are fully committed to embracing all types of talent. Additionally, we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required. If there is anything that you want to make us aware of then please let Jo (jobs@ochre-platform) know at the time of your application.