- Based: London, UK / Or for the right candidate remote work is possible.
- Working hours: Full time / 10am-6pm
- Salary Dependent Upon Experience
Apply with CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a highly skilled back-end developer to join our development team.
As a member of a small but growing team you will be a central part of expanding our D2C music e-commerce platform, Ochre. Ochre is a provider of tools for brands, record labels and artists to promote, share and sell their content. We are growing fast, and are looking for a proactive back-end developer who can help us build a product that our clients love and supports the music industry.
We are a cross-disciplinary team so you will be working directly with UX designers, front-end, and back-end developers and should feel comfortable with this. All members of our tech team contribute to our design and development process. We use an Agile framework to implement new features quickly and validate our efforts based on user feedback. We also use DevOps processes and tooling, meaning that all back-end developers have an active role in operating the cloud infrastructure and deploying new software.
- Implement new features and bug fixes in the back-end tech stack (mostly using Java/Groovy/Grails).
- Assist the head of development in progressing the platform back-end and cloud architecture to support new features and services.
- Be a key part of the DevOps process and implement new tools to optimise technical operations. This also includes database operations (MySQL) and optimisation.
Required Skills And Experience
- 5 years or more of demonstrable software development experience in a high-growth environment .
- Experience with design and development of high-performance back-end stacks .
- Strong Java programming skills.
- Linux/UNIX administration experience.
- Agile software development experience .
- Experience with cloud infrastructure architecture and management (AWS experience is a plus).
- Experience working with DevOps processes, including release management.
- Experience working with relational database systems (MySQL administration experience is a plus).
- Considerable knowledge of software testing best practices (unit testing, CI).
- Ability to quickly acquire technical skills and to work with new technologies .
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in a cross-disciplinary team .
- Proactive and eager to both learn and share knowledge .
- Grails Framework
- Experience developing microservice architectures
- Terraform and Packer